People who work in aged care are special, and seeing the real difference you can make in people's lives makes it very worthwhile.
Working in Aged Care is more than a job. That is what we love at Southern Cross Care (WA) and that’s why you will enjoy working with us!
About the role & where you’ll be working
We are currently looking for a full time night shift Care Worker for our West Leederville residence. As a Carer, you’ll be playing an important role assisting residents with their daily activities such as showering & getting dressed. We want them feel safe, and at home in our facilities. Villa Pelletier is centrally located in West Leederville and capable of supporting up to 40 residents.
We're a tight knit team at each of our facilities, and this goes a long way to ensure that we can manage our busy schedules, whilst sharing some laughs and banter.
We’ll also be asking you to:-
- Carefully read & follow care plans
- Assist with personal care (e.g. showering)
- Work under the guidance of Shift Managers (Nursing & Facility)
- Treat our residents & their family with respect
- Show compassion & exercise patience
Currently working or volunteering in the community and wanting different hours?
Or have you recently completed studies and are ready to start a new career in the aged care sector?
You’re comfortable working on your own and enjoy spending time with elderly people
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:-
- A Certificate III in Aged Care/ Individual Care
- Initiative & the ability to effectively prioritise & multitask
- Great communication skills (spoken & written)
- Attention to detail for good record keeping
How to Apply
To express your interest, please apply with an up to date resume, and a cover letter outlining your experience / suitability.
Kindly note, if your application progresses to an interview, we’ll be asking for:
- National Police Clearance - current within 6 months
- Immunisation record (Flu & COVID19)
- A completed pre-employment health questionnaire
- Manual handling certificate (if recently completed)
- If you have it – medication competency qualification