Have you been contemplating a change of scene, or wanting to dip your toes in the heath / aged care sector? It’s an industry that will only keep growing, evolving and is also quite interestingly complex.
About the Role
The Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the Chief Experience Officer with the development and implementation of strategic communications to manage and elevate the reputation and profile of Southern Cross Care with its key stakeholders; and deliver on its commitments contained in the Service Charter.
This role is located in our central office in Rivervale with flexible working arrangements offered.
We’ll also be asking you to:
- Contribute to the organisation’s strategic communications strategy development and direction in consultation with the CXO, Senior Leadership Team and Office of the CEO.
- Respond to ad-hoc media enquiries, managing the reputation of SCC.
- Represent communications on the IMT and lead all communications as directed by IMT and CMT
- Develop and execute SCC internal communications strategy; including coordination of town halls and other initiatives as required.
- Undertake project tasks and activities, including potential management of PR and communication consultants.
- Write and edit a range of communication materials, including strategic communications plans, documents, presentation, speech notes and other materials to meet strategic positioning objectives.
- Support the development of the brand narrative and relationships with external stakeholders to manage reputation risks.
- Support the CXO by tracking and managing the media alert platform(s) of SCC to ensure the Board, CEO and executive teams can be made aware of key industry issues that may impact the organisation.
- Develops external communications strategies, protocols, and resources to optimise the organisation’s reputation in line with the brand and strategic objectives.
- Act as the organisation’s media representative.
We’d welcome your application if you:-
- Previous 5+ years’ experience in a corporate communications or marketing role.
- Relevant degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, or media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; including the ability to translate complex information into communication that is easily understood.
- Ability to remain positive and respond to pressure in a calm manner, while committing energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Have a strong attention to detail whilst being able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
To express your interest, please apply with an up to date current resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and suitability.
Kindly note, if you progress to an interview, we’ll be asking you to provide:-
- National Police Clearance - current within 6 months (or evidence of application)
- Immunisation record (Flu & COVID19)
- A completed preemployment health questionnaire
Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. is one of the largest and leading care providers in Western Australia. We offer support and accommodation to over 3,000 people in metropolitan, regional and remote areas of W.A.
Find out more about our service offering - https://www.scrosswa.org.au/