Working in Mental Health is more than a job. That is what we love at Southern Cross Care (WA) and that’s why you will enjoy working with us!
About the Role
You will be working as part of our Community Mental Health team, who provide support to people in the community & their homes, so they can live a meaningful and enjoyable life.
This is an opportunity to take your mental health experience further, and learn new skills. You'll be partnering with a range of diverse group of individuals, who experience persistent and severe mental illness.
We'll be asking you to provide one-on-one support with identifying / developing person-centred goals.
About You and Why You Should Apply
Having worked in mental health or disability support, you understand recovery principles delivered with a person-centred approach.
You easily relate to and empathise with others and can comfortably support people with complex mental health conditions.
It would be terrific if you have mental health qualifications, but we also welcome applications if you’re currently undertaking studies in this field.
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:-
- Certificate III in Mental Health, or higher qualification, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity working with people experiencing mental health conditions
- Commitment to facilitating recovery using individualised support services
- Initiative & motivation to work independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A knack for problem solving & negotiation
How to Apply
To express your interest, please apply with an up to date current resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and suitability.
Kindly note, if you progress to an interview, we’ll be asking you to provide:
- Immunisation history (Flu & COVID19)
- First Aid Certificate
- Evidence of reliable vehicle & unrestricted driver’s licence
- A completed pre-employment medical questionnaire
- An NDIS check
Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. is one of the largest and leading care providers in Western Australia. We offer support and accommodation to over 3,000 people in metropolitan, regional and remote areas of W.A.
Find out more about our service offering - https://www.scrosswa.org.au/