About the role & where you’ll be working
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Registered Nurse at Villa Pelletier in West Leederville to take our afternoon shifts from 1430-2245.
Villa Pelletier is one of Southern Cross Care’s found residential sites, conveniently located nearby a range of shops and amenities. Exuding a welcoming and cozy home environment, it is capable of comfortably supporting up to 40 residents.
At West Leederville, our Registered Nurses take the lead in delivering high quality care to our residents. We ask them to assess and develop individual care plans for our residents that result in the best clinical outcomes possible.
If you enjoy coordinating and supporting small teams of health care workers, this could be your ideal new role.
We’ll also be asking you to:
- Supervise and direct the delivery of client focused care delivered by staff.
- Develop individual care plans in consultation with clients and significant others.
- Comply with relevant legislation, policies and scope of nursing practice.
- Act as a role model for other staff in terms of care standards and compliance practice.
- Consult with medical practitioners and other health professionals to ensure the best outcomes for our clients.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have an understanding of Aged Care Standards and knowledge regarding ACFI requirements.
You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with our clients, health professionals and family members, and have time management skills to effectively juggle multiple priorities. You are also able to work both in a team environment and independently.
Most importantly, you have a genuine desire to make a difference in our residents’ lives.
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:
- A genuine desire to work in aged care
- An understanding of Commonwealth Aged Care Standards, Aged Care Act & Quality of Care Principles
- Working knowledge of ACFI requirements.
- The ability to mentor, lead & support a small team
- A good eye for detail & resilience to multi task whilst under pressure
- Great interpersonal & communication skills
How to Apply
To express your interest, please apply with an up to date resume, and a cover letter outlining your experience / suitability.
Kindly note, if your application progresses to an interview, we’ll be asking for:
- National Police Clearance - current within 6 months (or evidence of application)
- Immunisation record (Flu & COVID19)
- A completed pre-employment health questionnaire
- Copy of your AHPRA registration